How to put the sticker on the wall properly?
These Tools Make Application Of Wall Stickers Easier But Aren’t Essential..
Your Decal will arrive made up of 3 different components. To help you with the application of your Decal, there is a diagram to highlight which layer is which. The three components are as follows:
Ensure the area is clean, dry and free from dirt by wiping with a slightly damp cloth and then let the area dry for at least a few hours before you begin applying the decals. Freshly painted walls must be left for at least 2 weeks before application; if your wall decal is to be fitted on a wall where the other side of the wall is external you must wait 4-5 weeks before application. If you have multiple decals on one sheet you may wish to separate them to make the task more manageable. Roll the Decal(s) out on a flat surface. Make sure the decal is flat on the surface using the palm of your hand to ensure there are no creases or bubbles visible.
Important Notes On Applying Your Wall Sticker:
Taking your time when applying the decals will help you achieve the best results. Make sure everything is in position before removing the backing layer as the adhesive layer below is very sticky.
1. Lay the sticker out on the surface, with the transparent application layer facing you. Tape all four corners of the decal to the wall with your masking Tape.
2. Apply a strip of tape across the decal to create an anchor point (horizontally or vertically depending on shape of the decal).
3. Once the decal is anchored, remove the tape from the two top corners.
4. Begin to carefully peel the application layer from the backing layer, ensuring the decal is stuck to the application layer. Keep peeling until you reach the anchor point.
5. Cut the backing layer as close to the central divide as possible.
6. Use your credit card or squeegee to stick the decal (and application layer) to the surface, being careful to remove all bubbles. Start from the middle and work outwards, moving up slightly as you go along.
7. Wait a few minutes for the adhesive to attach the decal to the wall then remove the anchor tape and repeat steps 6-8 on the opposite side.
8. Wait 10 minutes then peel back the clear paper ensuring vinyl decal is fully adhered to your surface (peel back slowly to ensure wall paint doesn’t come off with the clear paper).